Daugavpils City Council continues the organization of local work group’s meetings within the project „Enchancing volunteering actions and quality in Europe” (EVOLAQ) The project is implemented by Daugavpils City Council together with Norrkopping municipality in Sweden (lead partner).Read more
Latgale Special Economic Zone – business offer in Daugavpils
B2B platforms: metalworking, woodworking industry and textile industry
June 2nd, 2016, in Daugavpils
Place: Center of Latvian Culture, Rīgas Street 22A, Daugavpils
Working languages: Latvian, English and RussianRead more
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre is thrilled to announce a very special event – an arrival of much-awaited new original works of Mark Rothko which will be presented for all art lovers as from 24 April 2016!Read more
Everything ready for the 2nd International Partner Meeting – Conference “European Identity building - transnational civic education” in Daugavpils, Latvia within the framework of “European regions developing European Citizenship” project
Daugavpils City Council together with sixteen regions, towns and Civil Society Organisations from eleven EU countries and with the coordination of Lodzkie Region (Poland) have created a project proposal in the framework of the Europe for Citizens Programme.Read more
DAUGAVPILS, 15. – 26.09.2015.Read more
According to the data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) of Latvia, Daugavpils is the second largest city in Latvia – at the beginning of 2015 there were 86 435 residents. As the number of population in Latvia reduced, also the number of resident population in Daugavpils decreased – by 968 residents as compared to the beginning of 2014. During the last 10 years, the number of population in Latvia fell by 20.8 thsd residents (107 269 residents in 2005).Read more
On the occasion of the 182nd Anniversary of the Consecration of the Daugavpils (Dinaburg, Dwinsk) Fortress, the following events will take place in the Fortress on June 2Read more
In April 24th Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Center will open doors for the participants of III International Tourism Conference to introduce tourism professional the new marketing concept, a variety of tourism opportunities, to promote cooperation between Latvian and foreign tourism professionals. More than 150 participants from Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus and Russia have already applied for the conference, including the existing specialists of tourism field and the young specialists, who have acquired knowledge of the tourism fields.
Embassy of Sweden, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, TeliaSonera and CONNECT Latvia invites you to join the Entrepreneurship Training Course in Daugavpils in spring of 2015Read more
III International Tourism Conference “Daugavpils – 740. New Identity of the City” April 23rd - 24th 2015, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils - the city rich with its cultural and historical traditions in 2015 will celebrate its 740 anniversary. The III International Daugavpils Tourism conference is planned under this anniversary mark that will be held on April 23rd - 24th, 2015.Read more
- IV International East Baltic Business Forum
- Open hours of the Daugavpils Fortress Culture & Information Centre during Winter holidays
- Everything ready for the 2nd International Partner Meeting – Conference “European Identity building - transnational civic education” in Daugavpils, Latvia within the framework of “European regions developing European Citizenship” project
City council news
- Project „Enchancing volunteering actions and quality in Europe” (EVOLAQ)
- HOW MANY WORDS ARE THERE IN A MINUTE AND WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WRITE FORMULAS ON A SQUARED PAPER?
- Ambassador of Georgia in Latvia Teimuraz Janjalia visited Daugavpils.
- NEW EXHIBITION SEASON AND NEW WORKS OF MARK ROTHKO IN DAUGAVPILS
- Multilingual children afternoon. Every Tuesday from 08.12.2015.
- Travelling exhibition “You are. You can.” devoted to Paralympic Games in London has begun in Daugavpils.
- Grigorjeva – European champion
- First stage of the World Women’s Volleyball Championship will be held in Daugavpils, in May