Everything ready for the 2nd International Partner Meeting – Conference “European Identity building - transnational civic education” in Daugavpils, Latvia within the framework of “European regions developing European Citizenship” project
Daugavpils City Council together with sixteen regions, towns and Civil Society Organisations from eleven EU countries and with the coordination of Lodzkie Region (Poland) have created a project proposal in the framework of the Europe for Citizens Programme.Read more
DAUGAVPILS, 15. – 26.09.2015.Read more
According to the data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) of Latvia, Daugavpils is the second largest city in Latvia – at the beginning of 2015 there were 86 435 residents. As the number of population in Latvia reduced, also the number of resident population in Daugavpils decreased – by 968 residents as compared to the beginning of 2014. During the last 10 years, the number of population in Latvia fell by 20.8 thsd residents (107 269 residents in 2005).Read more
On the occasion of the 182nd Anniversary of the Consecration of the Daugavpils (Dinaburg, Dwinsk) Fortress, the following events will take place in the Fortress on June 2Read more
In April 24th Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Center will open doors for the participants of III International Tourism Conference to introduce tourism professional the new marketing concept, a variety of tourism opportunities, to promote cooperation between Latvian and foreign tourism professionals. More than 150 participants from Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus and Russia have already applied for the conference, including the existing specialists of tourism field and the young specialists, who have acquired knowledge of the tourism fields.
Embassy of Sweden, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, TeliaSonera and CONNECT Latvia invites you to join the Entrepreneurship Training Course in Daugavpils in spring of 2015Read more
III International Tourism Conference “Daugavpils – 740. New Identity of the City” April 23rd - 24th 2015, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils - the city rich with its cultural and historical traditions in 2015 will celebrate its 740 anniversary. The III International Daugavpils Tourism conference is planned under this anniversary mark that will be held on April 23rd - 24th, 2015.Read more
In short time Daugavpils is to host the 17th Baltic Song and Dance Festival “Gaudeamus”, taking place June 27-29. According to the tradition, the Baltic States host the festival in turns. Latvia has hosted the festival five times already, the host cities being not only Rīga, but also Ogre, Liepāja, and Cēsis. Daugavpils – the biggest city of the Latgale region – has been appointed for such position for the first time. Therefore, this year our country has a unique opportunity to introduce the distinctive culture and traditions of the Latgalian region to the participants and the guests of the festival.Read more
From June 2 till June 8, the traditional city festival will take place in Daugavpils; its motto this year is “Daugavpils – city with a sense of home”.Read more
May 16th, 2014 in DaugavpilsRead more
- Open hours of the Daugavpils Fortress Culture & Information Centre during Winter holidays
- Everything ready for the 2nd International Partner Meeting – Conference “European Identity building - transnational civic education” in Daugavpils, Latvia within the framework of “European regions developing European Citizenship” project
- Call for LATVIAN participants for participation in youth exchange
City council news
- HOW MANY WORDS ARE THERE IN A MINUTE AND WHY DO YOU HAVE TO WRITE FORMULAS ON A SQUARED PAPER?
- Ambassador of Georgia in Latvia Teimuraz Janjalia visited Daugavpils.
- Jānis Lāčplēsis is elected as new Chairperson of Daugavpils City Council.
- Multilingual children afternoon. Every Tuesday from 08.12.2015.
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM MARK ROTHKO 2015”
- Travelling exhibition “You are. You can.” devoted to Paralympic Games in London has begun in Daugavpils.
- Grigorjeva – European champion
- First stage of the World Women’s Volleyball Championship will be held in Daugavpils, in May