- Register your company, merchant or organization in The Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia
- Apply for any type of your business and method of tax payment at State Revenue Service of the Republic of Latvia
- Financing possibilities and platforms:
- Development Finance Institution ALTUM
- Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA) Daugavpils Business Incubator
State support for investors by LIAA
Within the project, clients can apply for two types of grants:
- up to 10 000 euros for specific services (prototyping, testing, licensing, certification, logistics, outsourcing, expert advice, etc.) - for each service;
- up to 5 000 euros to cover the cost of acquiring equipment (production equipment, materials and raw materials) - for each unit of purchase. To apply for a hardware grant, a company must be a LIAA customer for at least 1 year.
Each grant is provided as co-financing with a maximum aid intensity of 50% of eligible costs.
Incubator customers can submit 8 grant applications per calendar year.
To summarize: a client can receive support from 40 000 - 80 000 euros per year, but not more than 200 000 euros for 3 years.
- Development Finance Institution ALTUM
- Company income tax relief in the framework of Latgale Special Economic Zone: About Latgale SEZ & FAQ
Advantages od Latgale SEZ
- 80% relief for company income tax;
- Up to 100% relief for property tax.
Maximum allowed support intensity from the investments:
- 55% of the investment costs in tax relief – when the company conforms to category of small or micro company;
- 45% of the investment costs in tax relief – when the company conforms to category of medium company;
- 35% of the investment costs in tax relief – when the company conforms to category of large company.
- Long-term tangible investments – buildings, constructions, equipment and machinery;
- Long-term intangible investments – costs of acquisition of patents and technology;
- The assets purchased must be new, except if the company conforms to the status of small or medium-sized capital company.
- Employee salary with taxes for 2 years.
- Real estate tax relief:
Binding provisions on the application of tax relief to real estate in Daugavpils
2. Real estate tax relief may be applied to:
2.4. Companies, agencies and institutions - for real estate tax payments for land and buildings, if the number of disabled workers working full year is at least 50% of the total number of employees - 50% of the amount of real estate tax.
2.5. Legal persons for the increase of the number of employees over 5 persons in the previous reporting year, if the declared place of residence of these employees is in the administrative territory of the Daugavpils municipality and the average salary level of the enterprise in the previous reporting year is not lower than 394.11 euros - 25% of the annual amount of real estate tax.
The average increase in the number of workers is calculated by comparing the number of employees in the two previous reporting years.
2.9. The manufacturing enterprises owned or leased real estate used in production, the number of employees of the enterprise in the tax year is more than 800 people, the export turnover of the company is not less than 7 114 356.05 euros - 25% of the annual amount of real estate tax.
Obligatory regulations of Daugavpils City Council No.44 "Co-financing for connection of real estate to a centralized water supply or sewerage system"
6. In the cases referred to in Sub-paragraph 3.2, co-financing shall be granted for the Coverage Costs of the following amount:
6.1. 70% to cover costs, but not more than 10 000 euros for each owned or legally rented industrial building which is located in the industrial site of for which the European Union structural funds are used for the development of public infrastructure, its main activity is industrial production, and during the last year not less than 5 (five) new jobs were created;
6.2. 50% to cover costs, but not more than 10 000 euros for each owned or legally rented industrial building which is located in the industrial site of for which the European Union structural funds are not used for the development of public infrastructure, its main activity is industrial production , and during the last year not less than 5 (five) new jobs were created.