St. Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Chapel
Consecrated in 2004. Located in A. Pumpurs public garden (20 Saules Street) on the former site of St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (1864–1961). In Soviet times, in 1961, the cathedral was closed and in 1962 – demolished. The chapel is a memorial structure that has a symbolic meaning, serving as a reminder of the demolished cathedral.