Social sphere »
The Department of Social Affairs of Daugavpils City Council is the institution, which provides social assistance and social service administration in Daugavpils city.
The aim of the Department of Social Affairs is to provide material support for families or persons, which are poor and low-income. It is necessary to provide these people with their basic needs and possibility to work. Daugavpils City Council provides for the Department of Social Affairs 47 social assistance forms of aid, allowance for minimum income level, housing allowance, etc.
The social offices are provided by:
Three offices of the Department of Social Affairs:
- Office of social service for families with children;
- Office of social service for elderly persons and persons with disabilities;
- Office of social service for adult persons.
and eight structural units of the Department of Social Affairs:
• social shelter;
• night shelter;
• social home;
• family support centre/shelter;
• group homes for persons with mental disorders;
• day care centre for persons with mental disorders;
• office of home care;
• day centre of social care and social rehabilitation.